Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Zanzibar

A view from our villa overlooking our splash pool watching the dow go by...

Zanzibar, what a spectacular experience


I just returned from one of the best vacations I have ever had in my life. I went with two of the most charming and wonderful girls I have ever met. Laura and Ashley both volunteered here at the village for 6 months and this was the end of their stay. Instead of us being very sad and going back to the states, we decided to go to the Island of Zanzibar and have a week of bliss before they had to go back to the real world of snow, people and work.
The main house where we ate dinner
I did a lot of research and new that I wanted a very nice place on the North Eastern end of the island so we could have the breeze off of the Indian Ocean. I found a wonderful boutique hotel, called Kasha Boutique resort, which consisted of 12 individual villas. Each villa had its own splash pool, veranda with two sofas, and the largest bathroom I have ever seen, not to mention a huge bedroom and living room, flat screen tv, air-conditioning and basically everything I have ever wanted and more. The couple who run the hotel were fantastic and gave us an incredible rate and one free night, so it made it affordable too!
Laura laughing at Ashley and I and our native cocktail
We basically were picked up at the airport, driven to the hotel (1.5 hours away) stayed at the hotel the whole time, swimming, snorkeling and just relaxing. The food was spectacular, the company even better and I am now ready to get back to work reenergized and ready to go. I didn’t realize how much energy taking care of 69 kids, working in the office and living without luxuries i.e. electricity etc… took out of me until I went away for 8 days. Now I know that I need to do this probably every 6 months and life will be even more perfect than it already is….! :)
We lounged in our pool all of the time and did nothing but enjoy the view
Life is great!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog post - I'm actually going to Kasha on honeymoon in June, can't wait. Quick question - how far away is the nearest village by foot?

    Thanks

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay in writing back. The closest village is probably 20 minute walk. It would be a wonderful place for a honeymoon. Good Luck!
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete