Tuesday, April 14, 2009



Believe it or not, Obama is huge here. They even have Obama Kangas (the outwear/skirts that women wear) This is a picture of a truck I saw in Karatu.

The Rainy season is here and there is no doubt about it. I had quite the experience yesterday on my trip back from Karatu. This is the little town that is about 45 minutes away on a good day, on a day like yesterday it took us about one hour and 15 minutes. Part of the delay is due to the horrible condition of the roads due to wash outs and mudslides. We nearly slid off of the side of the mountain. Fortunately, we had stopped and picked up 4 male teachers, two female teachers, 3 kids, a pregnant woman, two Masai warriors, 2 chickens and a goat. SO….even if I wanted to look out of the car, I couldn’t because you couldn’t move much less see through the windshield or side windows. Tanzanian B.O. nothing like it in the world. We finally made it to the village and I am not sure I am going to be going anywhere soon, I take my life in my hands enough just by walking around with the Elephants, Black mambos and Cape Buffalo, but the muddy roads are just about to do me in! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment